Friday, September 26, 2008

Snowbird

Last Saturday my dad and I hiked UP snowbird. I emphasize UP because for years we have ridden the tram to the top and hiked down, and this time we decided to hike UP and get a FREE tram ride down. Well....... all I have to say is we survived. It took us nearly four hours and one bad knee and two pulled muscles, but we did it. I left Gerriss at home to clean the house and do the laundry (you know, just the usual Saturday stuff) and we took on the task of this mountain. The pictures are of us about 20 minutes away from the top. It was freezing! The wind was blowing extremely hard and it was about 40 degrees. Next time I will know to bring a bigger jacket, and maybe something that is windproof. We had so much fun. Thanks for going with me and for all the encouragement Papa!

1 comment:

Brand797 said...

Good job! I think I would have opted for the usual route. But it sounds like you had a good time! Hope all is well for you and your Dad after the treck.