Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Idaho

We went to Idaho this weekend to visit my grandparents and my sister and her family. On Saturday we went to the old Idaho Penitentiary. The buildings were so cool! We got to see some of the changes in the prison cells over the generations. They started out all tiny and gross, and now the cells are big and spacious and kind of comfortable, or at least they are compared to the old ones. There were so many things to see there. One of the buildings had the Gallows, it was kind of creepy to see the place where they were hung and then to go below and see the place where they landed. Eewww! All in all it was a very fun day. I think it was a bit too much walking around for my grandparents though, but they sure were troopers to take us there.

On Sunday we went to Brandi and Scott's out in Kuna, ID. It was a relaxing day full of cleaning out drawers and trying to convince a 16 year old to clean her bedroom. Ha ha! No really, I got there and noticed that one of the drawers in their kitchen didn't close all the way and Brandi says, "Oh that has been like that for 6 years, something fell behind and we just haven't gotten it out." Ok, so everyone knows that I am a bit OCD about cleanliness and this was just not going to fly, so I took the drawer out and began digging behind it to get whatever it was out. Little did I know that this would start a cleaning frenzy, because of the massiveness of the job that I just took on. But we did it! All four drawers were cleaned out and the bottom one will now shut completely. YAY! I tried to get Kierstan to clean her room as well since I couldn't even see the floor underneath about three feet of clothes, but she decided to watch Buffy the Vampire Slayer instead. Can't say I blame her though, I LOVE THAT MOVIE! Anyways, while we were cleaning out the top drawer in the kitchen we found these googly eyes that you use for crafts. Kierstan decided that these would look cute as finger nail decorations instead. As you can see they turned out pretty cute!

After all the cleaning and making
dinner and baking cookies and working and playing volleyball and everything else we did, we all sat on the couch and played the Wii. We definitely aren't as good as the kids are, but we still had a lot of fun. Thanks again for letting us invade your house for a day!
Earlier in the evening we went to pick up Kierstan and her friend from Chevron. After we dropped her friend off we were turning out of his neighborhood and I saw a cop and I just knew I was going to get pulled over, the night before I had noticed that one of the headlights in my car was out. So just as I suspected, the cop immediately whipped around and pulled us over. He was really nice, I just let him know that I was planning on fixing it before we head home the next day. He checked my license and let us go. Later that evening when we had left the Hurless house and were on our way home, still in Kuna might I add, another cop saw our missing headlight and decided to pull us over. Oh yes that is twice in one night! I have come to the conclusion that there is nothing to do in Kuna, that is why we were pulled over twice, the cops had nothing better to do. That concludes our night in Kuna.

We had such a fun time in Idaho with all of our family. I love spending time with Mimi and Bop and hearing stories of their youth and of the war. They have so many great stories. Thank you so much for everything. We had a blast!

1 comment:

Emily said...

Aren't vacations wonderful! Love 'em!