Friday, September 5, 2008

4 pizzas and a gallon of ice cream

Tonight we had a party for our Sunday School class. There were seven children in my little apartment. 2 girls and 5 boys. All between the ages of 12 and 14. Oh my goodness was it crazy! But we made a deal with them that if they brought their scriptures to class every Sunday, continued to participate, and either wrote down or shared their testimonies we would have a party for them. So we got together tonight at our house and had 4 pizzas, a watermelon, a gallon of ice cream, almost two gallons of water, and watched Back to the Future 1. The most amazing part of it all was that Gerriss and I survived! Just kidding, they were all pretty well mannered. We are planning on having another party at the end of the year and we need to come up with some better challenges that they have to do. But not anything to difficult. Any ideas?

6 comments:

JessicaTye said...

ya I have to say Jeano and I were very impressed when we taught them. Now we see why.....ha ha

Audrey said...

I wish I was in your Sunday School class! You guys are great! By the way, your blog is SOOO cute. My is in serious need of an overhaul and I just haven't had time to do it. Where'd you get your layout?

Cara and Gerriss said...

I went to leeloublogs.blogspot.com. She has a ton of great ideas.

Emlyn said...

Cara you are so great to link to my blogs! I love your blog; it's so fun. And I love your Sunday School class! What about a challenge that involves YM/YW like if the YM do a certain number of Duty to God things and the YW do a certain number of Personal Progress things OR have them teach one FHE lesson at home before the end of the year.

beth said...

You are such cool teachers!
I like Emlyn's idea of having them teach an FHE lesson about something in the curriculum. Or maybe they could be in charge of welcoming the class, and opening prayer, a scripture thought and a closing prayer. Or do you have class presidents for that?

Sarah (: said...

I only had three pieces of pizza unlike some kids who I swear had one whole pizza.
Thanks for inviting me Cara and Gerriss! It was totally fun!! The movie was AWESOME!! =D =D