Sunday, February 15, 2009

Its finally over!

(Weak stomachs beware)
This weekend Gerriss and I did an intestinal cleanse. I know, what a great thing to blog about! I know you want to hear about it or else you wouldn't still be reading. Gerriss was diagnosed with gall stones on Tuesday. His doctor told him to do two different cleanses to help get rid of them. This weekend was the first and worst of them. He had to drink grapefruit juice and olive oil only, for three days. I decided that I would endure with him and do the cleanse. What harm would it do to just cleanse my insides right? Well, that was a bad idea. I cheated on Thursday a little and had some eggs in the morning and a small sandwich that evening. Then I said I wouldn't eat anything on Friday but then when I got to work I was STARVED and had to get a giant burger and fries. So I figured that since I hadn't eaten that much it wouldn't be that bad if I still took the oil with him on Friday night. Not a good idea. I was sick all night. Gerriss had stuck to the cleanse very well and had a little discomfort and nausea but I was really really sick. Lets just say that I barely slept and it is not something I would recommend to anyone who doesn't have gall stones. So yesterday Gerriss and I sat here all day and watched TV on Hulu and were completely lazy! What a way to spend Valentines right?!?! Well the good news is that so far it has worked for Gerriss. He passed a lot of stones and his stomach isn't nearly as bloated as it has been for the past two months. Today he gets to eat for the first time in three days, so we'll see how he does with that. Hopefully everyone had a better Valentine's Day then Gerriss and I had. :)

No comments: