Monday, February 2, 2009

Gun powder makes me sneeze...

Gerriss took me shooting this weekend for my first time. I was terrified! But ended up really enjoying myself. It was very educational! It was freezing and we were not dressed for the weather so we didn't get to stay very long. But we shot at an old TV and an old clothes dryer. I heard the bullet hit the dryer, but have no idea if we were even close to hitting the TV. Once we were done and frozen we got back in the truck and I couldn't stop sneezing. So I have concluded that gun powder makes me sneeze. Here are some pictures.

Here is Gerriss showing me how it's done...


Then here is me, my dad says I shoot like a girl. I need a lot of practice.

Gerriss got to shoot his new 45 cal, which he was very excited about, and he decided he wanted me to shoot it so that I could get a feel for it. Well, I made him stand behind me and hold the gun with me while I shot. So I counted to three.....closed my eyes.....and pulled the trigger. The closing my eyes part was totally not on purpose. It was so powerful and scary, my eyes were all watery and acting like they were crying for like 10 minutes afterward. We learned that I should never shoot that big of a gun ever again. I wish we could have got pictures of how bad it kicked. I bet I shot the sky!

He looks like a pro! To me at least. :)

1 comment:

Emlyn said...

DON'T let Jeremy know Gerriss got a gun; he'll be incredibly jealous.