Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Personal Progress

Since I got baptized when I was 19, I never had the opportunity to go to young womens or participate in personal progress. I decided that there is no time like the present to start. So tonight I went to my first mutual activity. It was personal progress night, which is a night for us girls to get together and we do a personal progress activity so we can pass one of the things off in our books. Yeah so obviously I don't know all the technical names of everything but still, I had so much fun and can't wait til next month for the next activity. Becca helped us with a Mary Kay makeover and Emlyn gave a sweet lesson about inner beauty and that we should care more about what is in our hearts than how we look. She is so wonderful! Thanks Emlyn! I am so excited to continue doing personal progress! Wish me luck!

2 comments:

beth said...

That is SO awesome that you are doing that! As a YW leader I thought I wouldn't do PP again because I did it when I was 12-18 yrs old. But I did it and I loved doing it again. It's also a GREAT example for the YW to see someone doing it because they want to and not because it is expected of them. Way to go! You can do it!

Jessica and Colby said...

We are excited that you are joining us and being such a good example to the girls!