Monday, April 12, 2010

St George

Well its official. Gerriss and I are moved out of Salt Lake and now live in St George. We moved here Easter weekend, then I drove back to Salt Lake to work one more week and get some other things done and then joined him down here on Saturday. We are absolutely loving it here. It's warm already! I don't have to ever feel snow again, there are some mountains (I think to the north) that I can see from my house that get snow on them if I ever want to look at it. Gerriss will be able to ride his motorcycle year round. Oliver has a yard to run and play in. He loves to bark at everything that comes near his yard, acting like he is ten times bigger than he really is. :) The birds are so happy that they get to see the sunshine and are involved in the conversations again. They start chirping at seven in the morning and they don't stop until bedtime. Hopefully I can get used to that again. Its a good thing I love them. Gerriss is starting his new job today! He will be working for a utility locater company. He is happy that he will not be sitting at a desk all day and that he will be outside getting a great farmers tan as well. I am still looking for work but usually find it fast in any market, its just figuring out what I want to do down here. I will still be coaching volleyball for the same club that I was coaching for up in Salt Lake but just for their St George teams. There is also a greater opportunity for beach volleyball down here so maybe I will look into learning how to coach beach. Who knows? I am just so grateful that I have this opportunity to figure things out, that I have the chance to do things at my pace and find a job or even a career that I want to do for a while.

We are so thankful to my parents for letting us live with them for the past few months while we were saving up to move. We are grateful for their continued support with all of our dreams. Thanks for always believing in Gerriss and I and helping us make one of our many dreams come true. Thanks to Gerriss' family as well for their support and their help in getting us all loaded to move out here. We couldn't have done it without you. I hope that everyone has a chance to come down here for a visit to see our cute little place. We are so happy here! We love you all and will miss you!

3 comments:

Jessica and Colby said...

Congrats on your move! Colby and I are both from St.George so if you have any questions let us know and we can probably help you. Where in SG are you guys living? My family is in Washington and Colby's is just East of Dixie Downs. Some of the local favs are the Pizza Factory, Frostop, and of course, Cafe Rio (which started down there). Also, the Dogfather, Bear Paw and 21 Main has the BEST cupcakes EVER. And you can't beat no snow!!

Wendy G. Atkins said...

post pictures of your new place!! glad that you're both happy :)

Heidi's Heartland said...

Good Luck and Best Wishes! May the sunshine everyday!