Sunday, September 13, 2009

Finding Hope

We were taught a lesson today in Sunday School about the pioneers and all that they had to endure. Our teacher said something that was very fitting to the time of year with us looking back and remembering 9/11 and the trials many people faced and still do face because of that day. She said that everyone has trials and everyone may not think that yours are as big as say the pioneers (or even in this case as big as the people involved in any way with the attacks on 9/11) but each person has to learn from their own trials and endure through them. We have to find the hope and faith to get through the things in our life with the help of our Heavenly Father.

I was watching this video at LDS.org that puts a good perspective on things. I am grateful for the trials in my life and the strength they have given me. I can look back and remember how I handled certain situations and prepare myself for those to come. Each trial is a way to prepare for the next, not only in our own lives but the lives of our families to come. Take a look at the video, it is kind of long, but its worth the time.

Thanks to all our Soldiers

1 comment:

Emily said...

I love the message! One of my favorite quotes right now is... You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Great post!